Sunday, May 3, 2009

Roasted Vegetables



Roasted vegetables are SOOO good! I love this recipe and make these a lot. They are second only to grilled vegetables in my book. The beauty of this recipe is that it works with whatever vegetables you have. It's another one that is totally up to your personal preference.

This time, I used two medium zucchini, half a red onion, half a package of whole mushrooms, a medium red pepper and a couple handfuls of baby carrots. I cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and then into half moons by cutting 1/2 inch slices crosswise. I quarter the mushrooms, large dice the red pepper, cut the onions in chunks and halve the carrots.

I have also used asparagus and brussels sprouts and summer squash with great results. You can vary the vegetables, and the amount you make very easily. Just make sure you have lots of colors represented, both for beauty and for nutritional value!

Combine the vegetables in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Mix well to coat all the vegetables with the oil.



Next, place the vegetables on a 15x10 inch pan. I love how pretty these look!

I get the best results when I use my Pampered Chef stoneware bar pan. If you're using a jelly roll pan, you may want to spray it with nonstick spray first.

Then, combine the herbs and salt and sprinkle it over the vegetables. If you don't use it all, save it for another time. You don't want to over-season them, just enough to help bring out the taste.



Roast in your oven for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. I like it when the zucchini get brown on one side. Yum. I usually sprinkle the roasted vegetables with feta cheese. I especially like feta with roasted garlic and herbs.

What a great way to get your veggies in!

Roasted Vegetables

Assortment of vegetables (about 6-8 cups total), such as:
zucchini
red pepper
red onion
mushrooms
summer squash
asparagus
brussel sprouts

1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. each oregano, thyme and crushed rosemary
1/4 tsp. salt

feta cheese (with garlic and herbs is best!)

Combine chopped vegetables in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and stir well to coat all vegetables. Place on a 15x10 pan coated with non stick spray. Combine herbs and salt in a small bowl, sprinkle over vegetables.

Roast at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Place vegetables in a serving bowl and sprinkle with feta. Serves 6-8.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.