Wednesday, April 1, 2009

About the Cook

Welcome to Cook with Sara!



I'm Sara, a midwestern girl who loves to cook AND eat. I started cooking and baking at a young age. One of my most famous desserts in elementary school was "cookie and fruit plate" which I lovingly wrote out on an index card when a friend of my parents asked me for the recipe! (I was so flattered!)

Much of my love for cooking comes from my Mom, who demonstrated (almost!) every day that an attractive and delicious meal on the table shows love for those around you. I learned much from watching her, and continue to be inspired by her ministry of hospitality.

Here at Cook with Sara, I hope you will discover delicious new things to cook and bake, made with (mostly) every day ingredients, that are family-friendly both taste and time-wise! I use both "old" and "new" recipes when I cook, and will post both; however, I only post new recipes after I've tried them and if they've passed the "test" - meaning I would make the dish again and again.

I welcome your comments and suggestions, and hope you'll visit often! Please also visit my other blog, Stones of Remembrance, to get food for the soul.

1 comment:

  1. Just made your double chocolate banana bars. I got rave reviews. I'm glad I found your blog. I'm also a born and raised Midwestern girl.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.