Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Kitchen Tip Tuesdays



Happy Cinco de Mayo! I don't cook with jalapenos too often, but I use them ocassionally and can't possibly use the whole container that I have to buy at my store. Luckily, jalapenos freeze very well, whole or diced. I just toss them in a freezer bag, and then I can take out as many or as few as I need the next time. You could also chop them and freeze them in smaller quantities - a little jalapeno goes a long way!

For more kitchen tips, visit Tammy's Recipes.

2 comments:

  1. Can you use frozen jalapeƱos in fresh salsa, or is the texture off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. M,
    I've never made salsa (!) so I can't accurately say. However, I've made lots of things with frozen jalapenos and I've always been happy with the results. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.