Monday, April 1, 2019

Favorite Recipes of the Last Decade (Most Viewed)


This is a big week at Cook with Sara - it was ten years ago this week that I started this little blog, so I am celebrating TEN YEARS of posting great recipes! This week, we'll look back on some of the favorite recipes of the last decade, as determined by me and by others. Today, I want to highlight the most viewed recipes on the blog - the ones that readers have looked at over and over and over again! What is fascinating to me is that there's a great mix of main dishes, desserts, bread, and even a salad! Even more fascinating is the post that has been viewed the most times -- more than twice as many times as any other post, and it's not even a recipe, it's a how-to! You'll have to scroll to the bottom to see it.

Stay tuned this week for my favorite recipe from each year (both main dishes and others...), and recipes from the last ten years that deserve another look!

So, now without delay, and without foolin' (but, Happy April Fool's to you!) is the list of the most viewed recipes on Cook with Sara.

Apple Pie Muffins


Some of the best recipes come out of the necessity of invention and this one is no different. It also shows that once you learn some basic skills and basic recipes, you have a lot of options in your arsenal.

Pumpkin Waffles


We eat a lot of waffles at our house, and so I like to change it up once in a while. These pumpkin waffles are perfect for fall, or for anytime, really.

Banana Blueberry Coffeecake


I am grateful to the person who came up with the idea for coffeecake - cake for breakfast, but it sounds more reasonable when you put "coffee" in front of it! I have lots of varieties of coffeecake on the blog, and this one is the most popular. And I'm not surprised; I love the combo of banana and blueberries, and the streusel topping just takes it over the top.

Oriental Coleslaw


If you've never made this salad, you should drop everything and go get the ingredients right now. It couldn't be easier, and it's SO good. My kids request this every summer, and it makes the perfect accompaniment to anything that comes off the grill, even fish!

Spanakopita Bites


Of all the appetizers on my blog, this is the most viewed one; in fact, it's the most viewed of nearly every category of recipe, so I'm not the only one who loves Greek food! Spinach and cheese nestled inside flaky phyllo is a sure winner. These melt in your mouth, and are beautiful on the plate, too!

Caramel Banana Crepes


I went through quite a crepe phase in 2011 and this was another example of learning a basic technique and then changing up the ingredients. Caramel and banana is a great combination (I have several other recipes on the blog with both caramel and banana) and crepes are a great vehicle for fruit and sauce!

Chocolate Cherry Cake


My mom made this cake often when I was growing up, so it's always been a family favorite. It couldn't be easier - it uses a box mix and a can of pie filling - and it has the most delectable frosting. Now, my family loves it too, and I hope many others have made it and adopted it for their "family cake."

Chicken with Zucchini and Mushrooms


This is my favorite dish to get at food court Chinese restaurants, so I was glad to see how easy it was to make at home!

Chicken, Bacon and Avocado Quesadillas


Quesadillas are always a hit at our house, and this combination of ingredients makes them especially pleasing.

Shrimp and Asparagus Risotto


When I discovered how wonderfully risotto turns out in the Instant Pot, my life was forever changed. And I am not exaggerating. I love risotto; this version is probably my favorite but I have many recipes on the blog because again, it's so versatile! And with the IP, you don't have to stand over it and stir. Instead, you can sit on the couch and drink wine, or do push ups, or whatever your heart desires.

Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy


The Instant Pot has become a very popular appliance in the last couple of years, and that has led to these two recipes being included in the "most viewed" category. Pork chops turn out beautifully in the IP; I have had a hard time getting this cut of meat to "behave" either on the stove top, the grill or in the oven, but in the IP, they are fork tender and scrumptious. If you don't like mushrooms, just leave them out of this recipe!

Crockpot Chicken Marsala


The crockpot is another "dinner saving" appliance! This recipe turns a more labor intensive dish into one that just cooks while you're doing other things, and still is just as company-worthy.

Cook Wild Rice in the Crockpot


Well, folks, here you have it: the most viewed post on my blog is How to Cook Wild Rice in the Crockpot. Can you believe that? Well, maybe it's a novel concept but it's a great idea: the rice cooks evenly, you don't have to watch it, it all "bursts" as it's supposed to, and it doesn't make your house quite as odiferous as the stove top method.

It's been fun to look back on these most-viewed recipes of the past ten years, and I hope you found some new inspiration for your cooking and baking.

Get more great ideas at Hearth and Soul, Inspiration Monday, Busy Monday, Inspire Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.