Friday, April 5, 2019

Favorite Recipes of the Last Decade (To be reminded of!)


So many recipes, so little time. That's the conclusion I have come to, after looking through 881 posts written in the last 10 years in order to pick out my favorites. In many cases, it was hard to whittle down my favorites because I like all the recipes I post, and I love most of them!

So today I'm sharing with you the recipes that I was glad to be reminded of. These are recipes that I don't make as frequently, but that deserve to be in the regular rotation. I am going to work to get these into my rotation, along with some of the 841 recipes that didn't make the cut in any of the posts this week!

Brownie Cake with Cookie Butter Frosting


If you haven't tried cookie butter yet, this is the perfect recipe to start with. A scrumptious brownie cake is topped with a fluffy cookie butter frosting. This cake was very popular in my house...

Spicy Pasta with Sweet Potatoes


When I first found this recipe, I thought I was being brave to try it since it was so different. (I'm much braver now, by the way!) I am so glad I tried it because it is SO delicious!!! If you go meatless on Mondays, or Fridays during Lent, or even if you love meat, you should try this amazingly yummy and fun pasta dish.

Chicken and Vegetable Strudel


This is a super fun dish for a luncheon, bridal/baby shower, or just for a regular weeknight dinner. I love that it's chock full of vegetables as well as chicken and cheese - and then all that is surrounded by bread. I don't think it gets any better.

Almond Poppyseed Bread


If you are a carb-aholic like me, you will adore this bread. It has just the right amount of sweetness, and the almond flavoring is so addicting. This is lovely for a brunch.

Israeli Couscous with Roasted Vegetables


This recipe has made the rounds in my extended family and often gets made by people other than me, which is great! This is a lovey salad full of roasted vegetables (you can use whatever you like!) with that fun Israeli (or pearl) couscous and a delicious garlic dressing. It's perfect for summer picnics.

Salmon with Mustard Cream and Cheesy Breadcrumbs


This is a great treatment for salmon - I often just broil salmon simply but when I want to get "fancy" this is the recipe I use.

Cherry and Almond Cornflake Bars


If you love Rice Krispie bars, you will simply adore these. They are chock full of dried cherries, sliced almonds and of course, delicious marshmallow "glue" that holds the cereal together.

Chicken Sausage Gyros


We love gyros and this is a great way to enjoy them at home. Chicken sausages have great flavor, and combined with fresh veggies and an easy tzatziki sauce, your taste buds will be singing!

Bowties with Bacon, Carrots, and Peas


My family adores anything that contains bacon, and this pasta dish is a fun one. I especially like it in the summer since it's a lighter pasta dish.

Spinach and Artichoke Pasta


This is another great pasta dish that's a little lighter and uses two great ingredients - spinach and artichokes.

I hope you've enjoyed this week of looking back on a lot of great recipes. Here's to ten more great years of cooking and eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.