Thursday, January 28, 2010

M&M Cookies



There's nothing too special about these cookies. They're just your basic M&M cookie, and completely delicious. When I made these for my family at New Year's, I had to make a second batch just two days later.

In a large mixing bowl, combine the shortening, butter, brown sugar and white sugar,



eggs and vanilla. Mix this well, then add the flour,



salt and baking soda, scraping down the bowl often during mixing to get all the sugary, buttery goodness!



Add the M&M's,



and mix well with a wooden spoon to distribute them throughout the batter.



Drop the dough by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet.



(Thanks to my assistant Rachel for snapping this picture!)

Bake for 10-12 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool.



Protect these from your cookie monsters!

Get more ideas at the Ultimate Recipe Swap, Cooking Thursday, Foodie Friday, Food on Fridays, Friday Feasts and Would you like Chocolate with That?

M&M Cookies

1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup m&m's

Cream together the sugars, butter and shortening. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well. Gradually add the flour, baking soda and salt, mixing well until all incorporated into the dough. Stir in the m&m's.

Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets, and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Makes 5 dozen.

7 comments:

  1. I love M&M cookies but haven't made them yet. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, these look sinful, but oh so good! Thanks for sharing. My godchildren will love these...

    Happy Foodie Friday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids love cookies, I'll have to make these for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone loves these cookies!!!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum - such good cookies! My problem is that I would also be "sampling" the M&Ms the whole time - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't make these often... but my kids would love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why a second batch would be necessary! I must make these cookies!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.