Sunday, December 30, 2018

Countdown to 2019: Best Instant Pot Recipes of 2018

I love using my instant pot. It's not always the fastest way to cook, (ironic since it's called the Instant Pot) but it does always produce wonderful results. Probably the best thing about it is that it dirties only one pot, so clean up is a breeze. Here are my three favorite IP recipes from the last year.

Chicken Tikka Masala


This was a VERY popular dish at our house. It has just the right amount of spice and coconut milk adds to the delicious flavor. I've heard there's a way to cook rice in the IP at the same time as the entree, which would make this even better, but I have not tried it for myself. This is equally good served over riced cauliflower, too.

Bacon Risotto with Mushrooms and Peas


I've said it before and I'll say it again. Risotto is my FAVORITE thing to make in the IP. It turns out beautifully every single time, with no need to stir. And there are so many different combinations to try with different proteins and veggies. I made up this recipe based on ingredients that needed to be used up, and they went really well together. Leftovers make a wonderful lunch the next day, too.


Creme Brulee Cheesecake



Dessert in the IP? Yep! And cheesecake turns out wonderfully. It is so creamy and delicious. This version relies on a quick toasting under the broiler to create the crisp, sugary top, like creme brulee. If you have a torch, that would work even better!

Tomorrow we'll feature the most popular recipes on this blog from 2018. See you then!





1 comment:

  1. That risotto looks lovely! But the creme brulee cheesecake - wowww!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.