Monday, March 21, 2016

Honey Peanut Wafers


For this month's Secret Recipe Club, I was assigned to Margaret's blog, Tea and Scones. I was really tempted to make some sort of scone recipe from her blog, because, well, it's called Tea and Scones! But I changed my mind when I saw this recipe for these simple cookies. As she says in her post, it's a little dangerous that you can whip up these beauties so quickly. I think it took me less than 5 minutes to put the dough together, and then I had to wait since the oven wasn't even hot enough yet! I loved these peanut cookies cause they are so different from any other cookie I have made. They are crispy, which is wonderful, and peanutty and loaded with honey, and just downright delicious. Thanks for a great recipe!


Honey Peanut Wafers

1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup honey
1 egg
3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
1 cup honey-roasted peanuts, finely chopped

Combine the flour and baking soda in a small bowl. Set aside.

Gently stir together the sugar, honey and egg in a medium mixing bowl. Then whisk in the butter.

Add the flour mixture; folding it in with a large rubber scraper. Then add the chopped peanuts and mix well to distribute the nuts evenly throughout the dough.

Drop tablespoon-size pieces of the dough onto silpat- or parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.

Let the cookies cool for 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Makes 2 dozen cookies.

7 comments:

  1. They sound awesome, I love honey cookies! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love peanut butter + honey! These cookies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any cookie you can make this quickly is dangerous. These look absolutely wonderful. Great SRC post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these look delicious and I love that they're quick and easy to make! Great SRC recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds fabulous! i love quick dessert recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound incredible! Thin cookies are my favorite style of cookie, and you can't go wrong with the combination of peanuts and honey!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.