Monday, November 12, 2018

Creamy Ground Chicken White Chili


I developed this recipe on a cold night, after having planned chicken lettuce wraps for dinner. I love chicken lettuce wraps, and my family does, too. But on this particular dreary, rainy, chilly day, I could not face eating lettuce for dinner! Ha! So I knew a soup was in order. I've made "regular" white chicken chili before, so I was sure that ground chicken would also lend itself well to this dish. And I was right. It was a big hit with my family.


You can adjust the spices based on your family's tastes...I've suggested the minimum amount here but feel free to increase it. You can also add some jalapeno slices if you need a little more kick.

Stay warm!


Creamy Ground Chicken White Chili

1 pound ground chicken
1 small white onion, diced
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. cayenne
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup milk
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz. cream cheese, cut into small pieces (low fat works great!)
1 can corn
1 can white Northern beans or white Kidney beans (Cannellini)
4-5 green onions, sliced
1 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
jalapeno slices

In a Dutch oven, over medium heat, cook the onion and chicken until chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle the chili powder, cumin, cayenne and salt over the meat and stir to combine. Add the chicken broth, milk, cream of chicken soup and cream cheese to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.

Add the beans and corn and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Adjust the spices to your liking, then ladle into bowls and top with cheese, green onions and sliced jalapenos, if you desire. Serves 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.