Monday, March 10, 2014

Double Coconut Muffins


After trying some coconut muffins at a restaurant recently, my sister in law declared that "you should make these for your blog!" So of course, I did. To increase the coconut factor, I used both coconut milk and shredded coconut. These muffins make for a great breakfast, after school snack, or would be delightful with quiche or another breakfast-for-dinner meal. They're super easy and fast to whip up - I think I had them ready to go in the oven before the oven was even done pre-heating!

In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, salt,


baking powder and 2/3 cup coconut.


In a medium measuring cup, beat egg with a whisk. Add oil, yogurt


and coconut milk and whisk well. Add wet ingredients to the dry mixture.


Stir just until combined.

Spoon batter into paper lined muffin cups and sprinkle remaining coconut evenly over the tops of each cup of muffin batter.


I love the looks of these already!


Bake for 16-20 minutes, until muffins are slightly golden brown on top.


Cool on a wire rack. The muffins can be stored in an airtight container on the counter for 2-3 days. (If they last that long!)

One year ago: Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffeecake
Two years ago: Bananas Foster Bread
Three years ago: Tiramisu
Four years ago: Shrimp LoMein

Get more inspiration at Mouthwatering Monday, Inspiration Monday, Mix it Up, Melt in Your Mouth, Recipe Sharing, Totally Talented, Create Link Inspire, Tuesday Talent Show, Clever Chicks, Try a New Recipe, Share Your Stuff.

Double Coconut Muffins

2 cups flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 cup sweetened coconut flakes, divided
1 egg
3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
3 Tbsp. plain or vanilla yogurt
1 cup coconut milk


In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and 2/3 cup coconut. In a medium measuring cup, beat egg with a whisk. Add oil, yogurt and coconut milk and whisk well. Add wet ingredients to the dry mixture. Stir just until combined.

Spoon batter into paper lined muffin cups. Sprinkle remaining coconut evenly over the tops of each cup of muffin batter.

Bake at 400 for 16-20 minutes, until muffins are slightly golden brown on top. Makes 12 muffins.

3 comments:

  1. I have coconut milk yogurt but I don't have coconut milk. Do you think that I could use regular milk and it would just be a little less tasty because this looks super yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think you could. I just happened to have an open container of coconut milk. I also think you could use coconut yogurt in place of the plain/vanilla. That would be super delicious!

      Delete
  2. These look SO good. My kids LOVE coconut and I just happen to have coconut milk in the fridge. :-) Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." I hope you will join us again this week. http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2014/03/try-new-recipe-tuesday-march-18.html

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.