Monday, February 24, 2014

Cozy Winter Recipes Round Up

I don't know about where you live, but here, it has already been a long winter, and it's STILL February. Based on what happened last year, we may have several months to go. So I wanted to give you some winter cooking inspiration with recipes from deep in the archives that will help keep you warm, and maybe even make winter go a little faster...

Hot Fudge Sauce


You may think it's too cold for ice cream, but top it with this chocolately goodness and you'll likely go back to the freezer for another scoop!

Beef and Barley Soup with Mushrooms


This is one of my favorite soup recipes, and I love how easy it is to make it in the crock pot. Not only will it warm you up, it will fill you up with lots of beef and barley goodness!

Baked Oatmeal


When it's cold outside, there's nothing better than a hot breakfast. This oatmeal is full of fruit, too, so it's naturally sweet and a great start to the day.

Chicken and Vegetable Strudel


This is a fun take on a sandwich meal - chicken, veggies and cheese tucked into a hearty bread dough, then baked to a golden brown perfection. Wherever I take this meal, I get a ton of compliments. It's a bit different, and super delicious.

Shrimp and Corn Chowder


Did I really say beef and barley soup was my favorite? Oh good, I said ONE of my favorites. Cause this soup is one of my favorites, too. With a little kick from Old Bay seasoning, this soup will warm you up and clear your sinuses!

Bistro Mac and Cheese


Here's a great mac and cheese for grown ups and kids alike. This great dinner has mozzarella, cheddar, cream cheese and gorgonzola for a quadruple threat, oops, I mean treat. It is delicious. Just be sure to serve a big pile of green veggies alongside!

I hope you are inspired. Part II coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.