Monday, March 29, 2021

Cadbury Cookies



I know I'm in the minority here, but chocolate is not my favorite go-to candy. Give me gummi bears, jelly beans, peach rings, licorice etc. and I am one happy camper. However, there's one significant exception. I LOVE Cadbury mini eggs. These are the little eggs that have a crisp shell and an absolutely delicious chocolate inside. They are SO good. And very addicting. I usually limit myself to one bag each Easter season. (I should probably start imposing the same limit on jelly beans, but that's a different story.)                                                                 



So when I saw that you could take these amazing candies and put them in cookies, I was excited to try it. I especially love how festive the cookies look with the beautiful pastel shells on top. Be sure to reserve some of your crushed candies to put on top so you can get the same effect!




These cookies have an amazing fudgy texture. When you combine that with the smooth and crispy chocolate candies, it is cookie nirvana. Make all the little chicks and bunnies in your world happy with these amazing treats. Happy Easter!


Cadbury Cookies

1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 1/2 cups flour
6 Tbsp. cocoa
1 - 10 oz. bag Cadbury mini eggs

Using an electric mixer, cream together the shortening, butter, brown sugar and sugar. Add in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa. Gradually add to the butter mixture and beat until all the flour is combined.

Place the candies in a large zip top bag, and mash up with a hammer or a rolling pin. Reserve some of the candies for putting on top, and mix the rest in to the batter with a wooden spoon.

Drop spoonfuls of dough onto parchment or silpat lined baking sheets. Top with the remaining candies, shell side up so you can see the colors. 

Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on the pan for a few minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.