Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Banana Blueberry Muffins



Muffins make a pretty regular occurrence in our house, and banana muffins with chocolate chips are the most common. However, they're not my favorite; I just don't like chocolate in my breakfast food. So occasionally (when I want to be the eater of the muffins!) I mix it up and use blueberries instead.  I recently realized I had never posted this recipe. It is so good, and so easy, and you will wonder where banana blueberry muffins have been all your life.



I make these with yogurt instead of butter or oil; feel free to sub 6 Tbsp. butter or 1/3 cup oil if you prefer. You could also amp up the healthiness by using whole wheat flour. 


Be the breakfast hero in your house and make these muffins today!

Banana Blueberry Muffins

3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 - 6oz. container Greek yogurt (plain, vanilla or banana)
3 ripe bananas
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup blueberries

Combine sugar, egg and yogurt in a large bowl and mix with an electric mixer until smooth. Mash up the bananas with a fork, then add to the mixing bowl and beat until combined.

Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix just until no flour streaks remain. Carefully stir in blueberries by hand.

Transfer batter to 12 paper lined muffin cups. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.  Store in an airtight container on the counter for 2-3 days, or put in a freezer bag and store in freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.