Thursday, April 4, 2019

Favorite Recipes of the Last Decade (Not Main Dishes)


When I decided I wanted to pick my favorite recipes of the last decade to celebrate the 10th anniversary of this blog, I knew that I would probably have to put them in categories cause there's so many to choose from! In ten years, there are 881 posts, and that's a lot of recipes. So, Tuesday was main dishes and today I am featuring recipes that aren't main dishes! I thought about doing a whole post on desserts, but let's be honest, that would be way too difficult.

So here's a nice mix of breakfast, appetizers, desserts and salads. None of them disappoint! I hope you'll try one or two and enjoy them as much as we do.

2009: Oat Waffles


Waffles are made at least twice a month in our house, and this is my favorite variety. I make these so often that I have the recipe memorized. The oats add great texture and fiber. Everyone is excited when it's waffle time!

2010: Molten Chocolate Cakes


Molten chocolate cakes are such an impressive dessert, and this version is SO easy to make. They are even better to eat, especially with a little ice cream...

2011: Berry Mandarin Tossed Salad


We eat a lot of salad, so having several, or many, varieties is important to stave off salad boredom. This one has a tangy dressing and lots of color from the oranges and strawberries. No one is bored with this salad on the table!

2012: Salsa


This. This salsa. This salsa is probably the recipe I make most often. Not kidding. If we have an extended family gathering, I'm asked to bring the salsa. And my family doesn't mean the jarred kind, or even some fancy refrigerated fresh kind. They mean THIS SALSA. I have recently started making this with fire-roasted tomatoes and that makes it even better. It wins rave reviews wherever it goes. This is another recipe I have totally memorized, and it's very easy to halve it if you don't need LOTS OF SALSA. (But why wouldn't you need lots of salsa?)

2013: Roasted Pistachio Ice Cream


Oh, summer, please come quickly. This ice cream is one of the best parts of summer. It will be one of the most delicious things you've EVER eaten, I promise.

2014: Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons


For some reason, as I write this post, I am craving all kinds of sweet things! These macaroons are the perfect treat - I originally made them for Easter but they are a requested Christmas cookie as well. Just a light coating of chocolate makes these coconut cookies even more special.

2015: Caramel Banana Tiramisu


I have several varieties of tiramisu (my all time favorite dessert!) on the blog: traditional, frozen, a berry version, and this amazing creation. It uses graham crackers instead of lady fingers, so it's a bit more accessible, but it's not any less delicious!

2016: Cranberry Crumble Muffins


These are perfect fall muffins - or perfect Christmas brunch muffins, or perfect anytime muffins. I love how the sugary streusel topping complements the tarts cranberries. Yum.

2017: Swedish Pancakes


Swedish pancakes are very similar to crepes. They are super easy to whip up for a weekend breakfast, or for dinner for breakfast. We always love them with a warm fruity sauce, but plain old syrup is great on them too.

2018: Baked Brie with Balsamic Blackberries


This is one of the best appetizers of all time. I have made this with both blackberries and raspberries, and they are equally delicious. Warm brie on a baguette is a little piece of heaven. And it's even more heavenly with a little fruit on it. You will be hit of the SuperBowl party, or Final Four party, or New Year's Eve party, or any party, when you bring this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.