Monday, August 19, 2013

Salmon with Mustard Cream and Cheesy Breadcrumbs


This month for Secret Recipe Club I was assigned to Canela Kitchen. I only got to the second page of her blog when I found this delicious recipe. I eat a lot of fish, so I am always looking for new ways to prepare it. And I must say, this wonderful treatment of salmon has rocketed to the top of my favorites list. BBQ salmon, which is mighty good, was always my go to, but I think this recipe may replace it as my first choice...

This recipe is perfect for a weeknight cause it is QUICK QUICK QUICK!! I had it on the table in less than 30 minutes from start to finish. But it is also fancy! So it's perfect for a dinner party too. What a great recipe!

Start by placing the salmon fillets in a baking dish or on a rimmed baking sheet. Pat dry with paper towels so the topping will stick.

In a small bowl, combine the cream, mustard,


salt and honey. Spread this over the fillets.


In another small bowl, combine the butter, panko


and parmesan cheese.


Mix it up with a fork until all the breadcrumbs are moistened. Then spoon the topping over the fish.


Sprinkle with sesame seeds. (I toasted mine in the microwave.)


Bake for about 15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily and the topping is golden. Delicious!


One year ago: Chicken and Mushroom Stuffed Shells
Two years ago: Asian Grilled Green Beans
Three years ago: Kung Pao Steak and Vegetables
Four years ago: Fiesta Scramble

Find more great stuff at Mouthwatering Monday, Inspiration Monday, Mix it Up Monday, Melt in Your Mouth, Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Tasteful Tuesday, Clever Chicks, Try a New Recipe, All My Bloggy Friends.

Salmon with Mustard Cream and Cheesy Breadcrumbs

1 pound salmon fillets (4 pieces, 4 oz. each)
4 Tbsp. heavy cream
1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. honey
2 Tbsp. butter, softened
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/3 cup panko
1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds

Place the salmon fillets in a baking dish or on a rimmed baking sheet. Pat dry with paper towels.

In a small bowl, combine the cream, mustard, salt and honey stir well to combine. Spoon evenly over the fillets.

In another small bowl, combine the butter, panko and Parmesan and stir with a fork until all the crumbs are coated with the butter and clumping together. Spoon the topping over the fish, then sprinkle with the sesame seeds.

Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork and the topping is golden. Serves 4.





11 comments:

  1. This is my idea of comfort food. Looks scrumptious! Great choice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im happy you love this is one of my favorites récipes I love salmon:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I had an awesome time perusing your blog this month! I'll be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm visiting from Group A - I did an orphan rescue that posted today. I LOVE the look of this recipe. I will definitely be making it soon. Thanks for sharing with the SRC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this salmon dish! Glad to be part of SRC group with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! I miss the SRC - it's so fun and such a great way to get to know people, and find new blogs!

    Thank you so much for linking up with Mouthwatering Mondays! We adore fish and are always looking for new recipes to try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love having fish with mustard- looks like another good way to cook fish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always trying salmon in new ways - this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks wonderful. I love salmon. ANd new ways to fix it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great choice Sara! Looks yummy :) Thanks for sharing at Share your Stuff Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delish! Salmon is a great fish and the mustard cream would pair nicely! Thanks so much for linking up to All My Bloggy Friends last week - I hope you'll join us again tomorrow. I look forward to seeing what you've been working on this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.