Monday, September 19, 2011

Pumpkin Seed Crusted Tilapia



It's another Secret Recipe Club Reveal Day! I was so excited to find this great recipe on Jane Deere's blog. She has a beautiful blog, and lots of great recipes, but this one was especially enticing to me as I recently ordered a similar dish at a restaurant. I love being able to recreate restaurant dishes at home, so out of all Jane's recipes, I had to select this one.

And the bonus? It is QUICK and EASY to prepare! And good for you!

Start by combining the chopped pumpkin seeds,



butter, cheese, garlic, chives,



and cayenne.



Mix this up to combine all the ingredients. Place the fish on a greased baking sheet, then spread with the mayo.



Press the seed mixture onto each filet.



That's it! Now all you have to do is bake it for 20-25 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork.



This is a great weeknight recipe to have in your repertoire, and would be equally wonderful served to company.

There are a lot more recipes featured today to explore. See the links below!

One year ago: Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Two years ago: Caramel Banana Sundaes

Pumpkin Seed Crusted Tilapia

1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted and chopped
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
2 Tbsp. butter, softened
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. dried chives
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 Tbsp. mayonnaise (light is ok)
6-6 ounce tilapia fillets

In a small bowl, combine pumpkin seeds, parmesan, garlic, chives, cayenne pepper and butter. Mix well.

Place fish, skin side down, on a greased cookie sheet. Spread mayonnaise evenly over fish. Sprinkle evenly with crumb mixture, lightly pressing into fish.

Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. Serves 6.



12 comments:

  1. Thank you Sara...I'm glad you enjoyed my Pumpkin Seed Crusted Tilapia!

    Fun to be in the Secret Recipe Club with you. If you haven’t already, I’d love for you to drop by my blog and check out my SRC recipe this month: Avocado Omelet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm always looking for new ways to prepare tilapia and this one sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jennifer's blog. This sounds like a fantastic meal to try sometime. Great SRC pick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The textures in that dish sound like a dance for the taste buds. Great choice for SRC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to give fish wonderful flavor and crunch. Looks delicious.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my group "A" SRC recipe this month: Welsh Cakes.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  6. A pumpkin seed crust to top fish - what a great idea! Nice pick for SRC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And more pumpkin - I've been looking forward to these recipes. That's the most unique use of pumpkin I've seen so far. It looks excellent and must taste great too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE Jane's blog. What an interesting recipe you picked! Never heard of using pumpkin seeds as a crust for tilapia! Nice pick :)

    It was fun having your blog for SRC! Check out my post if you like... Molten Lava Cakes!

    http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com/2011/09/septembers-secret-recipe-club-reveal.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have some extra pumpkin seeds leftover from another recipe, this looks like a great way to use them up! Yum! Looks great -- I'm loving SRC, so many great new recipes to try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I will need to make this for my girls.

    And thank you for being a part of the SRC with me (group b). I am excited and looking forward to next month too!

    Here is what I posted this month: Pioneer Woman's Chicken Pot Pie
    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/09/pioneer-womans-chicken-pot-pie-secret.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning pictures... If I liked fish I would be sold on this dish! LOL! Check out my SRC contribution on vegchiladas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great way to prepare tilapia...one of my favorite fish. Fun being in the Secret Recipe Club with you. I baked up tarts this month for Group C http://su.pr/2rtACr

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.