Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Egg Roll in a Bowl


Well, I'm back from an unplanned summer/early fall hiatus. Life hasn't gotten easier or less complicated, but I am committed to posting regularly because I've been trying so many new, delicious recipes. I can't wait to share them all with you!

A few times a year, I find I have to go carb free for awhile to "undo" several months of less-than-ideal eating. Less than ideal for my clothes to fit, but super ideal for my taste buds, ha!

This is a fantastic recipe if you want all the deliciousness of a great Chinese meal, but no carbs. You won't even miss that deep fried wrapper. If you have any leftovers, they're great for lunch the next day - it seems like all the flavors intensify overnight. And speaking of intensity - you can make this as mild or as spicy as you like based on how much chili garlic sauce or sriracha you add.

This is one of our new favorite dishes. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!


Egg Roll in a Bowl

2 Tbsp. sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup onion, diced
5 green onions, sliced on a bias
1 pound ground pork
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1 Tbsp. Sriracha or chili garlic sauce, more to taste
14 - 16 ounce bag coleslaw mix
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
2 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds

Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the garlic, onion, and white portion of the green onions. Sauté until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant.

Add the ground pork, ground ginger and salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until the pork is cooked through. Add the coleslaw mix, Sriracha, soy sauce, and rice vinegar. Sauté until the coleslaw is tender.

Top with remaining green onions and sesame seeds before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.