Monday, May 19, 2014

Tilapia with Creamy Lemon Dill Sauce


It's finally spring, and that means that I typically feel like eating lighter. Fish is perfect for that, but I was in desperate need of some new ways to fix tilapia, my go-to choice for a super fast weeknight meal. I was so excited when I found this recipe on Desiree's blog.

I was assigned to SteakNPotatoesKindaGurl for this month's Secret Recipe Club, and there was lots to choose from - but I kept coming back to this tilapia. And it did not disappoint. This took 10 minutes flat to make - just enough time to steam some broccoli for a great accompaniment. Faster than a frozen pizza, and way better, both nutritionally and taste-wise, I hope you try this great recipe soon!

Start by rinsing the fish and then patting it dry. Season both sides with salt, pepper, and garlic powder,


then place fish in a lightly greased baking dish and bake for 9-13 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.

While the fish is baking, place the cream cheese, lemon juice and dill


in a small bowl. Heat in the microwave on 50% power for about 30 seconds and then whisk until smooth. Let sit for 5 minutes.


Serve over fish.



One year ago: Toffee Cheesecake Brownies
Two years ago: Strawberry Cream Danish
Three years ago: Berry Mandarin Tossed Salad
Four years ago: Sweet Potato "Fries"
Five years ago: Sesame Asparagus

Find more great stuff at Mouthwatering Monday, Inspiration Monday, Mix it Up, Melt in Your Mouth, Recipe Sharing, Totally Talented, Create Link Inspire, Tuesday Talent Show, Clever Chicks, Share Your Stuff, Tasty Tuesday, Tickle my Tastebuds.

Baked Tilapia with Creamy Lemon Dill Sauce

2 - 6 oz. tilapia filets
salt, pepper, and garlic powder, to taste
2 Tbsp. cream cheese (low fat is ok)
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. dried dill weed

Rinse the fish and pat dry. Season both sides with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place fish in a lightly greased baking dish and bake at 425 for 9-13 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. (Baking time will depend on the thickness of your fish filets.)

While the fish is baking, place the cream cheese, lemon juice and dill in a small bowl. Heat in the microwave on 50% power for about 30 seconds and then whisk until smooth. Let sit for 5 minutes. Serve over fish. Makes 2 servings.






10 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed this recipe! This was in my earlier days of blogging so I really need to make it again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something about fish, lemon and dill that never gets old! Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tilapia ! this look delicious!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drooling! I think I remember when Desi posted this one but I totally forgot about it! I haven't been cooking nearly enough fish lately and this sounds like just the recipe to inspire me to get it on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds yummy with the fish. Catfish maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore tilapia and your recipe looks supreme. Glad to be part of SRC group C with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to try these. We are trying to eat healthier and I am running out of ideas for fish. Please, stop by my blog and link up for Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday!

    Julia @ Mini Van Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just cooked tilapia last week for the first time in a long time and now I'm craving the light fish recipes again so glad to see this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My family like the mild flavor of Tilapia as well, and your creamy lemon dill sauce sounds sound delicious. I can't wait to try it. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! Your recipe has been pinned to the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! Please join us again this week! Also, congrats on being featured this week! Feel free to stop by and grab a button!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.