Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Glazed Chocolate Donuts


My hands down, favorite kind of donut is glazed chocolate. Dunkin Donuts does a great job with these. But now, I can too. And so can you! And these are baked, so you don't have to feel guilty about eating one, or two. I made these for Valentine's treats this year and they received tons of accolades from everyone. I can't wait to make them again!

In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder,


chocolate chips,


and baking soda. In a small bowl, beat together the vanilla, egg, sour cream,


milk, and oil. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry


until just combined. Spoon into a greased donut pan.


Bake for 8 minutes or until the tops spring back when you touch them.


Let the donuts cool in the pan for 3-4 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

For the glaze, in a small saucepan over low heat, combine the sugar, milk, and vanilla


until well combined and barely simmering. Remove from the heat.

I like to transfer the glaze to a shallow bowl. And then I line my counter with paper towels under a wire rack, just for ease of clean up.

Dunk the donuts in the glaze


to fully coat them and then let any excess drip off.


Place on a wire rack to set the glaze.


Yummy, yum, yum!


One year ago: Soy Glazed Salmon
Two years ago: White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Three years ago: Oatmeal Chocolate Cherry Cookies
Four years ago: Toasted Coconut Pie

Find more great stuff at Hearth and Soul, Cast Party, What's Cooking, What's Cooking #2, Full Plate Thursday, Showcase Your Talent, Foodie Friday, Foodtastic Friday, Foodie Friday #2, Friday Flash, Friday Frenzy.

Glazed Chocolate Donuts

Donuts:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
6 Tbsp. sour cream
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Glaze:
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
6 Tbsp. whole milk
1 tsp. vanilla

In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and baking soda. In a small bowl, beat together the vanilla, egg, sour cream, milk, and oil. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined. Spoon into a greased donut pan.

Bake at 375 for 8 minutes or until the tops spring back when you touch them.

Let the donuts cool in the pan for 3-4 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

For the glaze, in a small saucepan over low heat, combine the sugar, milk, and vanilla until well combined and barely simmering. Remove from the heat.

Dunk the donuts in the glaze to fully coat and place on a wire rack to set.

Recipe Source: Buns in my Oven

10 comments:

  1. YUM!! These sound amazing! I miss doughnuts and got a pan but haven't used it enough. I can't wait to try them yummy treats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara,
    While I'm crazy for sweets, I'm not usually a big fan of donuts, but I do love chocolate cake donuts with glaze. These look absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm, yummmy so scrumptions donuts and deliicous ones, i love this kind of donuts, especially when they have chocolate on top :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently bought a donut baking tray and I'm so glad to have found your recipe through the Friday Frenzy linkup! Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try making your Glazed Chocolate Donuts, Sarah. I've got some donut baking trays I want to break in too! I've pinned the recipe and linked to this post on Facebook as well. Thank you for sharing another delicious recipe with us at the Hearth and Soul hop :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that your donuts are baked. I miss a good glazed donut. Dunkin donuts skips on the glaze. Thanks for sharing these on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look delicious! :)
    ~ Christine @ Once Upon a Time in a Bed of Wildflowers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect donuts! Thanks for linking up with What's Cookin' Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Yum Sara, Chocolate Donuts, a very special treat. Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday, it is so nice to have you with us today. Have a great weekend and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. love donuts. happy to follow you also view my space http://prachisvegkitchen.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.