Friday, July 1, 2011

Goat Cheese Guacamole



A few weeks ago I was out to lunch and one of the guacamoles we sampled featured a surprise ingredient: goat cheese! Since that time, I haven't been able to stop thinking about it, and was determined to try my hand at a similar version. I added sun-dried tomatoes, too, for an additional taste sensation. If you need something to spice up your July 4 celebration, this is the dish for you!

This takes just a few minutes to whip up, including the chopping time. Start by peeling the avocados and removing the pits. (If you're making this a while ahead of serving it, save the pits and put them back in the finished guacamole - it will help it retain its bright green color!) Mash the avocado with a fork,



then add the sun-dried tomatoes, onion, lime juice



and jalapenos.



Mix this up together then add the goat cheese.



Gently fold the cheese into the avocado mixture, being careful not to break it up too much - you want there to be some nice chunks of cheese.

Add salt to your taste, and serve with chips! Happy Long Weekend!

One year ago: Kiwi Strawberry Pie
Two years ago: Grilled Rubbed Pork (my favorite for grilling!)

Get more inspiration at Friday Food, Food on Fridays, Foodie Friday, Foodie Friday (#2), Friday Potluck, Fun with Food Friday, Simply Delish, Savory Sundays, Mouthwatering Mondays, Mangia Mondays, This Week's Cravings.

Goat Cheese Guacamole

2 ripe avocados, peeled and pit removed
4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
3 Tbsp. red onion, finely chopped
3 Tbsp. sun-dried tomatoes, minced
1/2 jalapeno, minced
1 Tbsp. of lime juice
1/4 tsp. kosher salt, or to taste

Place peeled avocados into a bowl and mash with a fork. Add onion, sun-dried tomatoes, jalapeno, and lime juice. Mash together with fork. Gently fold in goat cheese. Add salt to taste. Cover and refrigerate until served. Serves 6-8.

10 comments:

  1. Anything avocado and I'm sold. I've seen recipes similiar to this kickin' around the blogosphere but have never tried it myself. I will need to bookmark this recipe and try it sometime soon. Sounds and looks amazing. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goat cheese...in guacamole??

    I'm trying it. I have one lone avocado, and I picked up some chevre just two days ago. Yes, this is part of today's lunch. An experiment. Thank you for linking to Food on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what I'm making on the 4th! This sounds fabulous. I'm loving the goat cheese and sun-dried tomato combo w/ the avocado. My mouth is literally watering right now. Wonderful, thanks so much for sharing this :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! We love mixing up guacamole and this is a interesting twist. Thanks so much for linking on the Momtrends Friday Food swap. Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Oh YUM! I am pinning this! I am a new follower!I would love it if you stopped by blog, take a look around and if you like what you see, follow me back! Thanks!
    Have a great holiday!
    Kirsten

    www.mushkiloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing with
    Simply Delish. Hope to see you again next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great looking alternative to the same ole same ole guac!
    Blessings!
    LIB
    http://bit.ly/jN9xjw

    ReplyDelete
  8. I make guacamole all the time and never thought to put cheese into it. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is a GREAT idea, I love goat cheese. Some people think it's too strong of a flavor but I think it's yummy, and with guac I can only imagine the deliciousness!

    -Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love avocados... and goat chesse... this is an awesome idea, looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.