Monday, August 23, 2010

August Pie



When I saw the title of this pie I knew I had to try it. I understand it was so named because August is when peaches and berries are at their peak. This pie is SO easy to make and it is SO delicious - a light custard keeps the fruit together. I made it with blueberries cause that's what I had on hand, but next time (later this week? ha!) I will try raspberries.

Place your pie crust in a pie plate, then add the peaches



and the berries.



In a small bowl, combine the half and half, egg, sugar,



flour,



cinnamon and salt. Whisk well, then pour over the fruit.



Bake for 50 minutes or until the center is set. Cool completely on a wire rack.



This is scrumptious served slightly warm with vanilla ice cream!

Get more recipes at Mouthwatering Mondays, Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays, Tuesdays at the Table and Tasty Tuesday.

August Pie

1 refrigerated pie crust
2 cups sliced peaches
2 cups blueberries, raspberries, blackberries or any combination
1 cup half and half
1 egg
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt

Place pie crust in a 9 inch pie plate; place fruit in crust and spread evenly. In a small bowl, combine half and half, egg, sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt; stir until well blended. Pour over fruit.

Bake at 400 for 50 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Serves 8-10.

4 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I have a lot of peaches, and have been looking for a few new ways to use them all. This one oughta do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a yummy way to use up the bits of fruit left over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great recipe to have to hand with all the wonderful fruit that is available at the moment! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the past five years I have baked a recipie from Penzey's Spices for a blueberry pie -exactly like this. It is delicious! I have never seen a similar pie until this one. I have been cooking with peaches from our downtown produce market the last three weeks and can't wait to make this for my husband. Thanks for the recipie!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.