Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Roasted Cauliflower



I saw something similar to this at a restaurant a while back, and then re-created it at home. It's now my favorite way to eat cauliflower, except if you count with broccoli and cheese in a soup (that recipe coming soon!).

The measurements that you'll need of each ingredient will vary a bit depending on how large the head of cauliflower is - so I'll give you ranges.

First, cut the cauliflower into bite-sized florets - you can usually do this just by breaking them off, then halving some of the larger ones. Place them in a large mixing bowl.



Drizzle with the olive oil, and stir well to coat.



Next, add the garlic and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Stir again to ensure that all the pieces are seasoned.



Then pour the cauliflower out onto a large rimmed baking sheet.



Just like when roasting vegetables, I like my Pampered Chef bar pan for this. If you're not using stoneware, spray your baking sheet with cooking spray before pouring out the cauliflower.

Sprinkle with parmsan cheese.



Roast at 400 for 30-40 minutes or until tender, stirring about every 10-15 minutes.



Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Be sure to scoop up all the crispy parmesan bits!

There are more great recipes at What's Cooking Wednesdays and Healthy Helpings.

Roasted Cauliflower

1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
1-2 Tbsp. minced garlic
3/4 - 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
2-3 Tbsp. shredded or grated parmesan cheese

Place cauliflower florets in large mixing bowl; drizzle with olive oil and stir well to coat. Add garlic and sprinkle with Italian seasoning and stir well. Pour out onto a large rimmed baking sheet coated with nonstick spray (or use stoneware). Sprinkle pieces evenly with parmesan cheese.

Roast for 30-40 minutes until tender, stirring every 10-15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serves 4-6.

5 comments:

  1. I have never roasted cauliflower before. I don't know why, I love cauliflower. THANKS!!! Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great. I've never tried it before. I'll have to give it a whirl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, note to self, buy a head of cauliflower! I can't wait to try it!

    Thanks for stopping by Healthy Helpings and "playing along!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this recipe, thank you so much for sharing. Visiting from the Krazy Kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sara! I just became a pampered chef consultant and searched for roasted cauliflower/ stoneware!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.